Justice I.N Buba of the Federal High Court, Asaba June 8, 2013 convicted and sentenced three suspected oil thieves: Oyekan Abiodun, Emotan Henry and Vincent Emayiku to twelve years imprisonment without an option of fine.
Justice Olubunmi Oyewole of a Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja on Tuesday, April 11, 2013, ordered that, Fred Ajudua, who is facing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over a $1.69Billion scam, be remanded in prisons custody pending arguments on bail applications brought by his counsel, Olalekan Ojo. Ojo had presented two applications before the court, one of which prayed the court to restore the bail earlier revoked in 2005. The bail was revoked by the court after Ajudua jumped bail and all efforts by the EFCC to make him appear for his trial proved abortive.
Chairman, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, has called for the establishment of an Integrity Unit in the Nigerian Customs Service, NCS, saying such an innovation will be a rallying point for the promotion of transparency and accountability towards achieving its mandate to the nation.
- N700m Scam: EFCC Seizes 44 Properties
- EFCC / Customs Hold Anti- Corruption Sensitization Walk
- EFCC Arraigns Four forN209m Fraud
- EFCC Re-Arraigns Sani Shuaibu Teidi, 10 Others for N18.3Bn Pension Fraud
- EFCC Signs MoU with Global Fund
- Be Good Followers In order To Be Good Leaders, Lamorde Charges Youth
- N10 m Land Scam: EFCC Docks Ibrahim Buba
- EFCC Arraigns Benjamin Ola- Adegbayi for N60m Fraud
- Navy Hands over 10 Suspected Oil Thieves to EFCC
- EFCC Arraign Two Fraudsters for Currency Counterfeiting.