The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission today arraigned the trio of Waheed Omotayo (alias Badmus Mustapha), Giwa Tunde Abiodun and Aghama Peter before Justice Ibrahim Bukar of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Abuja. The accused persons were arraigned on an eight count charge bordering on forgery.
The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 arraigned Mr Olusola Alaba (a.k.a Anthony Adekunle Okundalaiye, Lateef Tokunbo Alli, Magnus Obe), before Justice Lateefa Okunnu of the Lagos State High court sitting in Ikeja, on a four count charge bordering on obtaining money under false pretences and forgery to the tune of N1.490.000 (One million, Four Hundred and Ninety Thousand Naira). He allegedly obtained the sum from one Olutoyin Ogundipe by falsely representing to her that the money represented the cost of rent for a three bedroom flat located at Plot 8, Oladimeji Alo Street, Lekki Phase One, Lagos.
Justice Adamu Bello of the Federal High Court today 23rd January convicted Mallam Abulrasheed Ibrahim for the offence of money laundering. After the dramatic turn of changing his plea of guilty to not guilty plea on the 21st January, 2013, Mallam Abdulrasheed Ibrahim, today withdrew his plea and pleaded guilty to the offence. He was arrested on Wednesday, November 7, 2013 by operatives of the commission as he prepared to board a Dubai, United Arab Emirate bound Ethiopian airline, at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport when he declared the sum of $45,000 but a search revealed additional $143,858.
- Goje loses bid to transfer case to Abuja
- EFCC Arraigns 23 Over Oil Theft
- Goje: EFCC Kicks Against Transfer of Case
- EFCC Arraigns Bureau De Change Operator Over N15.8m Scam
- EFCC Docks Mahammed Sani over Possession of Counterfeit $2.1m
- EFCC Arraigns Malaysia-Based Undergraduate, Three Others over N55m Scam
- N5.2Bn REA Scam: Senator Ugbane, Two Others To Be Re-Arraigned
- $188,858 Smuggling: Suspect Changes Plea
- EFCC Arraigns Malaysia-based Undergraduate Scammer Monday
- N34m Scam: Retired Army Colonel Docked